Tanagriz

Calling it as I see it...

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Fabric store

It's a sad commentary on the lack of help when it takes me 2.5 hours to extract myself from the fabric store. Now, I love wandering around and examining fabrics with the best seamstresses, but once I've got a vision in my head and bolts of fabric on my arm I want to get it cut, paid for and be out of there. Instead, last night, I spent a good long while after picking out my materials waiting at the cutting table. And waiting and waiting and waiting. Once I got done there I waited at the checkout for the woman who had cut my fabric to put on her hat as the cashier. Then, the computer had the nerve to burp and not connect with my credit card. Grrr. Argh!

All told I escaped from there with enough fabric to make a highland lass outfit as well as an extra corset for an acquaintance of mine. The third costume I'm planning on borrowing from a friend who I created it for several years ago.

How now......

Hopefully the site will be resounding with pictures on Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home