Tanagriz

Calling it as I see it...

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Hearing the crunch...

I swear that they go out at night and polish the sidewalk outside the Palmer House. I was on my way home last night in the rainy misty city that we call Chicago when I hit this section of sidewalk, intending to cut through the building. My left kneecap decided to take a trip outside its normal location on my joint and I went down hard. Luckily, the patella popped back in on its own, but the crunch that I both heard and felt doesn't bode well.

Today finds me swollen, upset with myself and more than a bit sore. I figure I'll keep on popping the orudis and see if I can get the swelling to go down before I proceed to the knee surgeon's office. For those of you who know me well, you'll recall that I've been putting off this surgery for some time. I'm scared of what the surgeon will tell me and the fact that I already KNOW what he's going to say - same problem as the right knee, yadda yadda yadda.

Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home