Tanagriz

Calling it as I see it...

Monday, January 05, 2004

Making appointments...

Insurance company she: We have you listed with a Doctor XX.
Me: Where is he located?
Insurance company she: He's at 1550 S. Indiana in Chicago.
Me: Ummm...that's not gonna work for me. Do you have any physicians listed far south side?
Insurance company she: I'm not sure...let me check *listening to mad typing here*
Me: I checked the website...there should be several in Worth.
Insurance company she: Oh, yes there are. I'll just assign you to one of them.
Me: Now, how do I go about getting my files transferred from my old doctor who has left the area?
Insurance company she: You need to call his office and have them sent to your new doctor.
Me: ?!?!?!?!?!? How do I do that when he's left the area????
Insurance company she: Oh. Umm...I don't know. When was the last time you saw him?
Me: Like three years ago the last time I had a problem with my knee. He wrote me a blanket referral to my specialist and sent me on my merry limping way.
Insurance company she: Oh. You'll have to get all new x-rays and mri's done anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Me: I guess my knee surgeon has copies of those anyway. Okay. Thanks!

Gotta love HMOs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home