Tanagriz

Calling it as I see it...

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Review time...

Supervisor: Kathie, you're doing a great job. The client loves you. The project is well in hand.
Me: There's nothing on my review that comes as a surprise.
Supervisor: That's as it's supposed to be.
Me: So how much of an increase am I getting this year?
Supervisor: Uhhhh.....there wasn't a budget to give you an increase.
Me: I've been here two and a half years without an increase. You're telling me that I'm not getting one this year either?
Supervisor: That is correct.
Me: Look, I know this isn't your fault, but cost of living would be acceptable at least. I just want you to know I'm going to have to go out and get a second job.
Supervisor: It's not that bad.
Me: I have student loans, a car payment, a mortgage...it is that bad. Have you seen gas prices recently?

Another case of the little guy getting screwed. Maybe the unabomber actually had a good point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home