Tanagriz

Calling it as I see it...

Friday, May 07, 2004

Tax Bills...

So all my tax bills for the last year and a half that I've lived in my house have come addressed to the former tenant. When I closed there was supposed to be a form that was sent off to the Cook County tax office changing the name of the owner. Apparently, this didn't get done.

So I logged onto the web today to figure out what I needed to do to change the name on the bill. Turns out I just had to hike my butt over to the Cook County assessor's office and give them a form with two sets of id. The woman typed it into the computer while I was standing there.

While I was doing my sleuthing I also came across the Homeowner's Deduction. It's worth up to $500 and all you have to do is verify that you've lived in the residence as of January 1, 2003. I'm golden. With how much taxes went up this year $500 bucks off my tax bill is pretty darn appealing!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home