Of insurance and surgery bills...
Last night:
Me: What the hell is this?
He: ???
Me: I got a BILL from my doctor's office for part of my knee surgery.
He: Well.....
Me: They're not supposed to charge me anything except my co-pay. Grrr.
He: What are they gonna do? Unscrew your knee?
This morning:
Me on the phone: Hi, I had surgery in Feb. and my insurance is supposed to cover 100%. Can you tell me why I received a bill from the doctor's office?
He: Let me see here....you shouldn't have received a bill.
Me: This is what I'm saying.
He: Well, sometimes they send out bills before the insurance has processed.
Me: Nope. They included a letter telling me that my claim had been paid and this was the remainder and that I need to cough up $347.20. You guys are supposed to take care of this, right?
He: Yes, yes we are. Let me get your provider group on the phone and find out what's going on.
Me listening to hold music.
He: Ma'am? If you'd just fax that bill on over to Bebe in your provider group office she'll take care of that for you.
Me: So I'm not liable to pay any of this amount, correct?
He: No, as long as you've followed the HMO rules you should be just fine. And it appears that you have.
Me: Okay...thank you!
Me: What the hell is this?
He: ???
Me: I got a BILL from my doctor's office for part of my knee surgery.
He: Well.....
Me: They're not supposed to charge me anything except my co-pay. Grrr.
He: What are they gonna do? Unscrew your knee?
This morning:
Me on the phone: Hi, I had surgery in Feb. and my insurance is supposed to cover 100%. Can you tell me why I received a bill from the doctor's office?
He: Let me see here....you shouldn't have received a bill.
Me: This is what I'm saying.
He: Well, sometimes they send out bills before the insurance has processed.
Me: Nope. They included a letter telling me that my claim had been paid and this was the remainder and that I need to cough up $347.20. You guys are supposed to take care of this, right?
He: Yes, yes we are. Let me get your provider group on the phone and find out what's going on.
Me listening to hold music.
He: Ma'am? If you'd just fax that bill on over to Bebe in your provider group office she'll take care of that for you.
Me: So I'm not liable to pay any of this amount, correct?
He: No, as long as you've followed the HMO rules you should be just fine. And it appears that you have.
Me: Okay...thank you!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home