Paper pushers...
Okay, so I get home last night and I've been under the assumption for the last week that my bill from my knee surgery has been resolved. NOT SO! There's another one of the sneaky suckers waiting in the mailbox for me. On a whim, I decide to call the doctor's office and see if they are still there. When I get them on the phone the conversation goes a little like this:
Me: Hi, I've received another bill for my knee surgery. After speaking to my insurance company they told me that I was covered 100%.
Insurance Lady: Hmmm. Let me open your file.
Me: It's just a little disconcerting, ya know?
Insurance Lady: I'm sure it is ma'am. We show you having a balance to pay of 374.20.
Me: That's incorrect. You need to resolve this billing problem you're having.
Insurance Lady: Let me check something. *pause* Oh. You're not supposed to have a bill at all. Please disregard that bill.
Me: Already shredded *shredder running in the backgroun*
I mean, what gives?? They KNOW they're not supposed to be billing me, yet they do it anyway! Grr.
Me: Hi, I've received another bill for my knee surgery. After speaking to my insurance company they told me that I was covered 100%.
Insurance Lady: Hmmm. Let me open your file.
Me: It's just a little disconcerting, ya know?
Insurance Lady: I'm sure it is ma'am. We show you having a balance to pay of 374.20.
Me: That's incorrect. You need to resolve this billing problem you're having.
Insurance Lady: Let me check something. *pause* Oh. You're not supposed to have a bill at all. Please disregard that bill.
Me: Already shredded *shredder running in the backgroun*
I mean, what gives?? They KNOW they're not supposed to be billing me, yet they do it anyway! Grr.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home