Connections...
Mark and I were booking it back to the Lodge at Starved Rock yesterday with Kuma (because I had to use the bathroom in the worst way...but I digress), when a gentleman going the other directions stopped me on the trail.
He: Montana Grizzlies?
Me: um-huh.
He: I taught there for several years.
Me: Really? When was that? (keep in mind this was an older gentleman)
He: 1951
Me: *grinning* That was a bit before my time. I graduated in '96.
He: Well, you weren't a journalism major were you?
Me: Uhhh...actually yes. I was.
He: That's funny. If I'd stayed there you would have had me for class.
Me: You know, they're replacing the J-School
He: Huh...no one told me about that.
Me: Anyway, good luck on your hike today...we need to run.
He: Go Griz!
Me: *answering* They won yesterday!
Funny how strange the world is sometimes.
He: Montana Grizzlies?
Me: um-huh.
He: I taught there for several years.
Me: Really? When was that? (keep in mind this was an older gentleman)
He: 1951
Me: *grinning* That was a bit before my time. I graduated in '96.
He: Well, you weren't a journalism major were you?
Me: Uhhh...actually yes. I was.
He: That's funny. If I'd stayed there you would have had me for class.
Me: You know, they're replacing the J-School
He: Huh...no one told me about that.
Me: Anyway, good luck on your hike today...we need to run.
He: Go Griz!
Me: *answering* They won yesterday!
Funny how strange the world is sometimes.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home