Tanagriz

Calling it as I see it...

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Updates...

While I was at Field's today, I swung through the linens section, because, well, the linens were on sale and I haven't bought new sheets for something like 8 years and mine are having a hard time staying on the bed. I came out of there with a new quilt (65% off), new sheets (50% off) and two matching pillow shams for the quilt (65%) off. That inspired me to finally hang my painting on the wall over my bed. Now, this painting has hung in my bedroom since I was a small, small child. I think there's a picture somewhere of it hung over my crib. It was done by one of my grandmother's students. It's just signed with the name "Sandra". Apparently, this student of my grandmother was about 10 years old when she did it. I love it and intend to always find a place for it in my home. :) Also there are gratuitous puppy pictures in this post.






In other news, a couple of weeks ago I let the dogs out in the morning as is my usual routine and went off to blow dry my hair. When I was done, I went to let the pups back into the house. Strangely only Shadow came when I called them. So I put on my shoes and went down the porch to discover the back gate open and Kuma partway up the driveway just standing there with her head down. I called her and she came back to my side immediately and put her head under my hand the whole while growling. I went out and bought locks for the gates that night. Jason then discovered that all the change had been taken out of his jeep. So there was definitely a prowler around that morning. And my dogs took good care of me. I talked to the neighbor this past Monday and came to find out that her boyfriend's truck had been opened and all his change and cds had been taken out of it. So they came back. But I feel secure as I know my property is secured and completely protected with my dogs. Kuma has earned the right to stay out all day and I'm sure passes her days curled up in the chair sleeping and looking out the window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home