Fabrics
I fell in love with the silks over at hyenaproductions.com yesterday. (turn off the sound on your computer if you're at work) It leads me back to thinking I might just have to make my wedding dress myself. I mean, what's the point of having mad sewing skillz if I don't utilize them for something that big, right? Right?
So the particular fabric that I'm lusting after is the Embroidered Dupioni Silk Gold & Silver Flowers on Champagne Ice. It's just yummy. I can picture the bodice of the dress in this and then the skirt in the solid color. Tempting tempting tempting. I guess the question for you readers is, Is it okay to have a wedding dress that isn't white or ivory? 'Cause in all honesty, I'm not sure I look so good in either of those colors.
I also like the solids, so may have to make the bridesmaid dresses as well. I'm particularly liking the Golden Taupe and the Bronze in the solids.
Oh, and if I haven't talked to any of you for a while, it's official that Mark has the ring on order and is just waiting for it to arrive so that he can ask the big question. I figure since that's all that's holding us up there's nothing really holding me back from looking at fabrics and patterns.
So the particular fabric that I'm lusting after is the Embroidered Dupioni Silk Gold & Silver Flowers on Champagne Ice. It's just yummy. I can picture the bodice of the dress in this and then the skirt in the solid color. Tempting tempting tempting. I guess the question for you readers is, Is it okay to have a wedding dress that isn't white or ivory? 'Cause in all honesty, I'm not sure I look so good in either of those colors.
I also like the solids, so may have to make the bridesmaid dresses as well. I'm particularly liking the Golden Taupe and the Bronze in the solids.
Oh, and if I haven't talked to any of you for a while, it's official that Mark has the ring on order and is just waiting for it to arrive so that he can ask the big question. I figure since that's all that's holding us up there's nothing really holding me back from looking at fabrics and patterns.
2 Comments:
At 9:31 AM ,
Pirate Alice said...
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a non-white or ivory wedding dress. it's your day, you get to pick whatever color you want.
At 9:23 PM ,
Anonymous said...
I agree whole-heartedly. We can set precedent and wear whatever pleases us! And don't feel you have to explain yourself to anyone! The fabric sounds beautiful!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home