Tanagriz

Calling it as I see it...

Monday, June 12, 2006

Wedding band shopping...

Since we were in the midst of registering and doing various wedding related things on Saturday we popped into one of the mall jewelers to just look at wedding bands. Now, keep in mind, we both would like fairly simple plain bands. Granted, those are probably the cheapest route to go, but my hand is already blingy enough with my engagement ring. And Mark works with his hands all day and doesn't want something that's going to catch on something or to lose a stone, etc.

Saleswoman: Oh, you don't want a plain band. You want more diamonds. What woman doesn't want more diamonds.
Me: Actually, I'd like to look at the plain bands. This is quite enough sparkle for me already.
Saleswoman: Well, it's a vintage style ring, so you'll want to go with a vintage style band. *pulls out rings with nothing but diamonds in the bands*
Me: Those are nice and they're beautiful, but I'd really like to see the plain bands.
Saleswoman: Well, how about you sir? *showing Mark the most expensive ones that they have for men* You'll need to order this ring at least 8 weeks before the wedding.
Mark: Well, out of the three, this is the one that I like the most.
Saleswoman: So, we'll ring that up for you then?
Me: Actually, today we're just getting ideas of bands. We're not prepared to buy our bands today.
Saleswoman: Well, let me get our manager and he can talk to you about custom designing something for your ring.
Me: *under my breathe to Mark* Are we ready to get out of here?
Mark: Thank you for all your time. But we're not ready to make any decisions today.

It was a total pressure sell. It was like they looked at my ring and then they looked at the wedding date and they were SURE that we HAD to buy our rings on Saturday. Piff. I went home and went online and found the ring that Mark liked for 1/2 the price. And then I did some more sleuthing and found a band that he liked even better!! I HATE jewelry stores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home