Stand or flight?
I was a bit earlier this morning as there were issues with our trains (the speaker said something about Police action??). As I was walking down the street towards work in my own little world, I glanced up at a man who was walking by. Lo and behold it was one of my ex-boyfriends, Greg. The one who told me while I was sitting in his living room that he didn't love me and didn't see a future for us. The one who came to my apartment a week later with a LIST of the things he didn't like about me and then wanted to give me a hug before he left (uh, no.). My flight response immediately kicked in. I didn't want to stand on the street and have the awkward conversation about where our lives were now. I didn't want to know him at this stage in my life. So I put my head down and kept on walking...he didn't even see me. But after another block, I realized I silently wished him well. Because my life is so very good. And if he hadn't have broken up with me I wouldn't be where I am now (well, I might, but that's a 'what if' type of scenario). So on these warm summer days that slip into sweet summer nights I wish him well.
Have any of you ever run into an ex and had the immediate flight response?
Have any of you ever run into an ex and had the immediate flight response?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home