Lost friend, found friend...
Apparently I was lost and I didn't even know it. :) I received an email yesterday that actually was in my spam folder. Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I regularly do a quick spin through the spam folder just to make sure something didn't end up there that I needed. And lo and behold, I found an email from a name that was familiar to me.
A name that I hadn't seen in 14 years. It was email from my friend David. He vanished after we graduated from high school. And when I say vanished I mean, dropped off the face of the earth, not to be heard from again, didn't see him after the actual graduation ceremony type of vanished. I swung by his house at least once that summer, only to be told that he had already left for school. No forwarding address, no information at all, nothing.
So, apparently, the other night a current friend of his mentioned a book that I had recommended to him ages ago. And he felt the need to find me. Which, is very cool I must admit. :) And hey, the path led through the Big Sky brewing site and a comment I had left about Moosedrool a couple of years ago.
So I have now been "found" again by a friend that I had a scary lot in common with (although I'm not sure we really realized it at the time), from a graduating class of a whopping 172. And here I didn't even know that I was missing!!
A name that I hadn't seen in 14 years. It was email from my friend David. He vanished after we graduated from high school. And when I say vanished I mean, dropped off the face of the earth, not to be heard from again, didn't see him after the actual graduation ceremony type of vanished. I swung by his house at least once that summer, only to be told that he had already left for school. No forwarding address, no information at all, nothing.
So, apparently, the other night a current friend of his mentioned a book that I had recommended to him ages ago. And he felt the need to find me. Which, is very cool I must admit. :) And hey, the path led through the Big Sky brewing site and a comment I had left about Moosedrool a couple of years ago.
So I have now been "found" again by a friend that I had a scary lot in common with (although I'm not sure we really realized it at the time), from a graduating class of a whopping 172. And here I didn't even know that I was missing!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home